CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bill & Hillary Clinton




At first I must say going and listening to Bill Clinton talking wasn't something I really thought I would like, so I thought no I won't go but after getting invited I thought its not everyday you get to see a President of the United States in person. So, I was picked up and chauffered to the long lines surrounding Assembly Hall, a gentleman and I got out and stood in line while dad went to park the truck. Now I was beginning to think he starts talking at 2, we are in this huge line he will be done talking by the time we get in there.

After dad finding us in line, and us finally getting into the building and in a seat at 2:15, I begin to really notice how high up we were in Assembly Hall. 1.) never being in there was cool, 2.) being that high I could only think about man if I fall down the steps on the way out of here I will defintely be hurting by the time I get to the gym floor. LOL

SO 3:00 rolls around only to find us waiting some more. They did say he was on his way, you should have seen all the people who got up to leave, then at 4:00 he is almost here, hoohoo.
Again more people get up to leave. Finally her arrives at 4:30. Now a little disappointed that he wasn't on time and is 2 1/2 hours late, I begin to think 1) my butt is numb 2) I am still way up here and 3) would this speech really be worth it?

At 5:30 the speech was over, I was very impressed with his speech and him explaining things in terms I can understand, and for finally being able to say yes I got to see the Former President in person at Assembly Hall April 2, 2008. I was one of estimated 7,000. The pictures are hard to see him really but i do have pictures, I remember the speech, and I am glad I got asked to go.

Would I go see Barack Obama? no. Would I see Bill Clinton again? probably so.

0 comments: